How can we help you?

Transition House

This is a safe space where…

single women or women with children can find safety from violence and abuse.

you can receive practical and emotional support.

you can get information about other resources.

food, personal care items and emergency clothing are supplied.

you can take time to get information and make decisions.

Who can go?

Women with or without children who need a safe place from violence and abuse

Adult women from all classes, sexual orientations, social and cultural backgrounds who need safety from various kinds of abuse, including physical, sexual, emotional or financial abuse.

How do I get there?

Call the Violence & Abuse 24-Hour Helpline any time, day or night:
Toll-free 1-877-435-7544 or (250) 537-0735

REFER YOURSELF: Transition House staff will always want to speak to you directly so that you can let them know what you need. Someone who wants to help (a friend, family, social worker, police officer, etc.) may suggest you call us, but it’s always your choice when to call.

What should I pack?

Identification (driver’s license, passport, SIN card, BC ID, etc.)

Cash, bank card, credit card

Mobile phone


Keys to house, car, work, etc.

A protection order, peace bond, or custody order if in place

Children are welcome at the transition house — bring them if it’s safe for them and you to do so, and pack any medications and ID if possible