Who can go?
How do I get there?
Call the Violence & Abuse 24-Hour Helpline any time, day or night:
Toll-free 1-877-435-7544 or (250) 537-0735
Live Chat (Monday to Friday 12:00pm to 8:00pm)
REFER YOURSELF: Transition House staff will always want to speak to you directly so you can let them know what you need. Someone who wants to help (a friend, family, social worker, police officer, etc.) may suggest you call us, but it’s always up to you.
What should I pack?
- Identification (driver’s license, passport, SIN card, BC ID, etc.)
- Cash, bank card, credit card
- Mobile phone
- Keys to house, car, work, etc.
- A protection order, peace bond, or custody order if in place
- Children are welcome at the transition house – bring them if it is safe for them and you to do so, and pack any medications and ID if possible